WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) - Families are trying to cope after a fire ripped through their home.
The faint sound of a smoke detector can still be heard on South Hancock street in Wilkes-Barre hours after a fire erupted at a home on Sunday morning. Michael Mooney's niece and her child were inside. "My goodness they lost everything they got out with the clothes on their backs". Mooney says
Too emotional to show her face, Heather Mooney says she was fast asleep along with her boyfriend, two children and nephew when the fire broke out.
The family credits smoke detectors for saving their lives.
The Wilkes-Barre fire inspector is investigating the blaze.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.