The popcorn can overheat if it's cooked for too long, and "ignite".
They were sold in Avon's brochures and online from October 2012 through February, for about 13 dollars.
Contact your rep for "new" instructions on how to use the popcorn maker
From the Avon Website AVON
Important Safety Announcement
When cooked too long, the popcorn can overheat in this popcorn maker and ignite, posing a fire or burn hazard to consumers.
Discard original instructions that accompanied microwave popcorn maker. Use product in accordance with the revised instructions (pdf).
For more information: 800-367-2866 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET.
This recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.