One Dead in Monroe County House Fire

By Nick Hughes |, Kelly Choate |

Published 05/13 2014 09:26PM

Updated 05/14 2014 03:27PM

Polk Township, Monroe County- One man has died and a woman is injured in a Monroe County fire.

Crews were called to the 1200 block of Mountain Road in Polk Township, just after 8PM on May 15th.

68 Year Old William Berry of Kunkletown was pronounced dead at the scene. Another person living in the residence, 65 year old Barbara Berry was injured the blaze. There is no word on her condition.

The cause of the fire is believe to be accidental, and it may have been started due to careless cooking.

Another person was not injured in the blaze. The cause of William Berry's death has been ruled accidental.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.