Chilling Time: 1 hr
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 cups watermelon chunks, pureed (see Note)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and salmon. Seal tightly and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine watermelon puree, orange marmalade, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Keep warm.
- Coat a grill pan or large skillet with cooking spray and cook salmon over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with watermelon glaze.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.