Cooking Time: 1 hr 35 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 pound uncooked lasagna noodles (1/2 of a 16-ounce box)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, and the basil; set aside.
- Pour half the spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Cover sauce with half the uncooked noodles; spread cheese mixture over noodles, then layer over that the sausage, mushrooms, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, remaining noodles, and remaining sauce. Pour 1/4 cup of water into each corner of baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours. Do not unseal the top until cooking time is complete.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and top with remaining mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese; bake 8 to 10 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/The-Easiest-Lasagna-Ever#tlIHmWtbyM6ObGoP.99
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.