This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 45 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4- to 6-pound) boneless beef rib eye or Delmonico roast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine or water
Make Easy Holiday Fudge Bites
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large roasting pan, place beef fat side up.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except wine; mix well. Rub spice blend evenly over surface of meat.
- Place a meat thermometer so that tip is centered in roast. Roast beef about 25 minutes per pound, or until thermometer reaches 140 degrees for medium-rare, or to desired doneness.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer beef to a cutting board; let stand 15 to 20 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, add red wine to pan. Stir to loosen any particles and return to oven 5 minutes. Once beef is done resting, carve against the grain and serve with pan drippings.
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.