Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices and separated into rings
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Whisk in buttermilk and egg. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip onion rings into batter, then into bread crumbs, until evenly coated on all sides.
- Place coated onion rings in hot oil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining onion slices. Serve immediately
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.