: Serves 4
Cooking Time: 55 min
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Roll chicken in flour mixture, coating completely.
- In a soup pot over high heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil until hot; brown chicken on all sides 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pot; set aside. Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, and remaining oil to pot and cook 5 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, including remaining salt; return chicken to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/One-Pots/Chicken-Cacciatore-One-Pot#p4it2G9tPOED6wi0.99
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.