Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine all ingredients except parsley; bring mixture to a boil, stirring once or twice. Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in parsley and serve.
- Serve with your favorite meat, chicken, or fish. For flavor variations, try adding a spice, some chopped green bell pepper, or a few chopped walnuts.
- If you prefer, you can use brown rice instead -- just cook it about 45 minutes once it comes to a boil. And if you want to use parboiled rice, it'll need to cook about 20 minutes.
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.