- Tours will be offered on the following Saturday dates:
- June 7: meet at corner of Adams Ave. & Lackawanna Ave.
- June 14: meet at St. Peter’s Cathedral
- June 21: meet at corner Linden St. & N. Washington Ave.
- June 28: meet at Lackawanna College
- July 12: meet at St. Peter’s Cathedral
- July 19: meet at Lackawanna College
- July 26: meet at corner Linden St. & N. Washington Ave.
- August 2: meet at Lackawanna College
- August 16: meet at St. Peter’s Cathedral
- August 23: meet at corner Linden St. & N. Washington Ave.
- September 6: meet at Linden St. & N. Washington Ave.
- September 13: meet at Lackawanna College
Founded in 1886 as the Lackawanna Institute of History and Science, the Lackawanna Historical Society provides the community with a record of local history through its museum and library collections, exhibits and programs. In 1942, from the bequest of George H. Catlin the Society established its permanent home at Catlin’s 1912 residence, located at 232 Monroe Avenue in Scranton, Pennsylvania. In 1965 Lackawanna County designated the Lackawanna Historical Society as the official county historical society and the Society continues to serve the county as a center for local history resources.
Fore more information about the program, contact the Lackawanna Historical Society at 570-344-3841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Information from our friends at the Lackawanna Historical Society)
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.