Kicking off this spectacular day is a double-header of live racing with a first Post Time of 11:00 a.m., and 10 races on the early card. Pacer’s Clubhouse will host a Champagne Brunch like no other starting at 11:00 a.m., featuring delectable items such as Seared Tenderloin Medallions with Crab Cake; Deep Fried Turkey with Gravy; Wild Mushroom and Onion Cobbler; Bourbon and butterscotch pudding; Minted Cream Pie, and numerous other delicious foods. Reservations are still being accepted by calling 570-831-2100.
Ladies can proudly wear their elaborately decorated Kentucky Derby hats for the Run for the Roses Hat Revue, sponsored by Macy’s and Spa Sapphire, located in the casino. All hats must be registered between 2:30 and 5:30 p.m. in the lobby, and the Revue takes place at 5:35 p.m. in front of the Winner’s Circle A $1000 top prize will be awarded, as well as prizes from Spa Sapphire and Macy’s. A panel of judges definitely have their work cut for them, as over 140 women entered last year!
Here is an outline of the day’s events:
- 10:00am – Doors open – Tellers and Program stand open
- 11:00a.m. – First live racing card/Champagne Brunch in Pacer’s Clubhouse
- 2:00pm – Souvenir photo booth opens - $1 donation to Standardbred Retirement
- Foundation - lobby
- 2:00pm – Trackside Concession bars; patio bars; Cigar tent; and Johnny Rockets
- Open on track apron
- 2:30pm – 5:30pm – Registration – Run for the Roses Hat Revue – lobby
- 4:00pm – Pacer’s Clubhouse opens for dinner – SOLD OUT
- 5:30pm – Judging – Outside in front of Winner’s Circle
- 6:24pm – Post Time – Kentucky Derby 140
- 6:40pm – Second live racing card
Advance wagering on the Kentucky Derby, and full coverage of the prestigious Kentucky Oaks, will take place on Friday, May 2.
(Information from Jennifer Starr-Racing Marketing Manager
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.