· Bloomsburg University’s Concert Band will perform at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, April 13, in Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. The performance is free and open to the public.
· Jason Godeke, associate professor of art and art history at Bloomsburg University, will discuss Theatricality in Painting at 5 p.m. Thursday, April 10, in Warren Student Services Center, room 004. His lecture is presented by BU’s Institute for Culture and Society as part of the ICS Lecture Series. It is sponsored by BU’s College of Liberal Arts and open to the public free of charge. For more information contact Godeke at email@example.com.
· Stephan J. Hamlin-Smith, executive director of the Association on Higher Education and Disability and executive officer of the Society for Disability Studies, will speak on Of All Things … #imaginedisability Thursday, April 10, at Bloomsburg University. Free public lectures will be offered at 2 p.m. in McCormick Center, room 2303, and 6:30 p.m. in McCormick Center, room 1303. The presentation is sponsored by BU’s Disability Advisory Committee.
· World-class conga player, singer and bandleader Pedrito Martinez and his band will perform at 7 p.m. Sunday, April 13, in Carver Hall, Kenneth S. Gross Auditorium. Tickets are complimentary, but required, as seating will be limited. For tickets or more information, visit www.bloomu.edu/CAS or call the box office at 570-389-4409.
· International Poetry Night with Maria Juliana Villafañe will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 10, in the Bloomsburg University’s Kehr Union Hideaway. The event, sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts and the International Faculty Association, is open to the public free of charge. For information, contact Amarilis Hidalgo-DeJesus, professor of languages and cultures, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Bloomsburg University’s fourth annual Egg Hunt for Endometriosis has been rescheduled for 2 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at Nelson Field House. The event to benefit the Endometriosis Association is open to local children and the entrance fee is $2 per participant. The event is sponsored by Developing Aspiring Student Leaders (DASL) and the Center for Leadership and Engagement. For more information, contact George Kinzel, assistant director of Residence Life, at email@example.com. The egg hunt was rescheduled due to inclement weather.
· Bloomsburg University’s Celebration of Cultural Diversity Festival will be held at 5 p.m. Friday, April 11, in the Kehr Union Ballroom. Seats are $10 for students and $20 for all others. The 2014 International Diversity Festival is sponsored by BU’s International Students Association. Contact Madhav Sharma, director of International Education Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-389-4199 for more information.
· Playwright Lillian Hellman’s The Children’s Hour will be brought to the stage by the BU Players Friday through Tuesday, April 11 to 15, at the Alvina Krause Theatre, 226 Center St. Bloomsburg. Performances will begin at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday and at 3 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are free to BU students, $6 for adults and $4 for seniors and students from other schools. Advanced tickets are available at the Haas Box Office at 570-389-4340. For more information about the BU Players, visit buplayers.org.
· Bloomsburg University will celebrate the fourth annual Springfest. The two-day event begins at 5 p.m. Friday, April 11, with Musicfest, a showcase of student musicians and local bands, at the Scranton Commons Amphitheatre. At 10 a.m. Saturday April 12, games, sports and other activities will begin at Nelson Field House. Springfest is sponsored by the Center for Leadership and Engagement, Community Government Association, Residence Life Office, Student Affairs Office and the Student Recreation Center, and is open to the public. For more information, contact George Kinzel, director of the Center for Leadership and Engagement, email@example.com.
· The annual Bloomsburg University Dance Ensemble Spring Recital will be presented at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday, April 10 and 11, in the Haas Center for the Arts, Mitrani Hall. Admission is free.
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.